Seafood is a food source for the future if we manage it well today. In Singapore, we consume 140 kilogrammes of seafood every year! Unfortunately, the demand is starting to outstrip the supply because of the way we manage our fish stocks and mistreat our marine ecosystems
PICK THE RIGHT CATCH
- Look out for the MSC and ASC ecolabel on your seafood. It means that the seafood was responsibly harvested from the wild or farmed sources without endangering the ecosystems from which it was taken.
- Use WWF's Singapore Seafood Guide when shopping or dining out. The guide can be downloaded from wwf.sg.
- Make the right consumer choice.
THE CORAL TRIANGLE: WWF PRIORITY PLACE
The glorious Coral Triangle is the most important underwater environment on our planet.
- Provides seafood to Singapore
- Contains 76% of the world's coral species
- Connects marine resources of 6 countries: Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Timor Leste, Papua New Guinea and Solomon Island
- Supports livelihoods of over 120 million people