Reports to: Senior Corporate and Brand Partnerships Manager
I. Mission of WWF Singapore: To ensure a high performing WWF office with efficient operating systems, professional and skilled staff, and strong financial resources. WWF Singapore’s focus is on delivering corporate partnerships, individual donor fundraising, major donor fundraising and community engagement for WWF’s priority conservation and sustainability initiatives in Singapore and the rest of WWF’s global network.
We are facing unprecedented challenges as we collectively strive towards a sustainable balance between people and nature, within Singapore, the region and the world. WWF Singapore’s strategy – to help address numerous issues from climate change to the decline in biodiversity, focusing on major goals around water, wildlife, oceans, climate and energy, forests, and food, and three key drivers of environmental problems, namely markets, finance and governance. WWF works to build strong partnerships with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on our shared and ambitious goals. The role of Corporate and Brand Partnerships, Senior Executive (Merchandise) will lead in raising brand visibility for WWF, raising awareness on our environmental challenges and contributing to fundraising efforts for critical conservation projects through the WWF merchandise.
II. Major Functions: The Senior Executive should be able to do merchandising product development, business development for merchandising partnerships and manage the administration and operations of merchandising sales of WWF Singapore.
The Senior Executive will have the drive, knowledge and skills to develop the suite of WWF merchandise and sales channels to meet the strategic objectives of the office. The Senior Executive will also execute projects with shared branding, retail and merchandising to shine a light on sustainable products in a commercial environment.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategise and manage merchandise administrative and operation matters
- Support the Seni aor Corporate and Brand Partnerships Manager in the merchandise strategies and in developing and executing new income streams for merchandising such as co-branding and licensing partnerships
Merchandising Product Development and Management
- Oversee the overall production of merchandising products
- Source, negotiate and manage merchandising suppliers and service providers such as designers
- Set and update SOPs for merchandise team operations to ensure all operations are fully tracked
- Coordinate with Merchandise Executive and Warehouse Coordinator to ensure all stocks are in healthy levels for all sales channel
- Provide assistance to Merchandise Executive and Warehouse Coordinator for day-to-day operations of the merchandising unit
- Collaborate and create different sales promotion with the Digital Marketing to promote sales of merchandise
- Assist any merchandising needs from other departments across all fundraising units
- Monitor, consolidate and analyse overall merchandise sales performance
Business Development and Merchandising Partnerships
- Prospect for and acquire new partnerships to create new channels for sales and brand awareness through the sales of merchandise, digital and physical consignment
- Develop sales collaterals (presentations) to secure partnerships for new merchandise sales channel
- Manage relationship with sales partners to ensure longevity and growth of partnership
- At least three years’ working experience in a similar capacity
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or business administration or equivalent experience in Sales, Business Development and Marketing.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Possess leadership skills, yet still be a team player.
- Demonstrated business development skills and experience with corporations.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to engage with external stakeholders
- Such as suppliers and corporate partners at all levels.
- Outstanding presentation skills and public speaking abilities
- Has great time management skills. Can multi-task as the role requires product and business development.
- Must have the ability to understand current market trends and buying psychology, both online and offline.
- Creative and has a strong understanding of WWF’s merchandising products.
- Has experience and skills related to merchandise product development, e-commerce and visual merchandising.
- Proven track record in negotiation and contract establishment
- Flexible, resourceful and able to perform despite tight schedules
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Plans and organizes/ manages the job independently and proactively
- Adheres to WWF’s values which are: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
Internal – Ensure intra and inter-department collaboration for the optimal use of resources and organisational alignment. Work closely with the Corporate Partnerships and Engagement Department and the wider Fundraising Team to create synergistic and creative means of fundraising.
External – Works with various partners supporting WWF’s work. Coordinates with external vendors relating to merchandise production, logistics, events, communications, materials production as and when required.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
Interested applicants may submit their updated CVs and cover letter to email@example.com by 30 November 2021. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line.