Position title: Intern, Engagement
Reports to: Assistant Manager Engagement, Education and Outreach, Conservation
Date: September 2022 – December 2022
About World Wide Fund for Nature, Singapore (WWF)
WWF-Singapore is a Singapore-registered charity, a network member of WWF International – one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations. WWF-Singapore protects critical natural resources for people in Singapore, supports a global network that spans over 100 countries, and supports in-situ conservation with partner offices in the region. To meet key conservation goals for food, forests, oceans, freshwater, wildlife, food and climate and energy, WWF-Singapore addresses issues important to Singapore and the region, including: deforestation, peatland degradation and fire; wildlife crime, markets and illegal wildlife trade; sustainable fisheries and resilient coral reefs; free-flowing rivers and sustainable infrastructure; and responsible environmental footprint. We achieve this through investing in field projects in key regional landscapes and seascapes, and by leading innovative market transformation initiatives, sustainable finance and nature-based solutions, policy and advocacy, and education and outreach.
The intern will report to the Education and Outreach Unit, Conservation and provide online community engagement, desk-based research, project management and administrative support for WWF-Singapore’s volunteer programmes, including Cyber Spotters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Cyber Spotter Programme
- Support recruitment and selection of volunteers for the Cyber Spotter Programme (CS). This includes screening, shortlisting of volunteers and maintaining a database of volunteers.
- Support the development of the CS programme. This includes managing complex project schedules, assist in project trainings, conduct agreeance checks through multiple reporting and budget cycles.
- Develop, or assist in supervising the development of learning and engagement content; support in managing external vendors and agencies to deliver high-quality content.
- Assist in monitoring inquiries and responding to or escalating them as necessary.
- Support project management, review of feedback, reports and proposals.
- Maintain volunteer database and prepare for their regular engagement.
- Support and run the bi-annual volunteer engagement sessions.
- Engage with other teams within WWF Singapore to develop engagement content, communications and outreach.
- Conduct public talks on environmental issues for schools, corporates, etc.
- Conduct literature review, data-base management and data mining from websites or documents from various sources
- Perform other related duties as needed to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the Education and Outreach team.
- Undergraduate student/ Bachelor’s degree in public relations, mass communications, any Science or related fields.
- Advanced written and verbal English skills, along with the maturity to work in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong people skills both in-person and online to support community building and engagement.
- Experience in collection, analysis and evaluation of data; with knowledge of database management.
- Good organisational skills with a high degree of attention to both details and deadlines.
- Understanding of, and/or experience in, youth engagement, community outreach, or support related topics.
- Flexibility and ability to work on other projects as needed.
- Passionate about sustainability and proficiency in other languages is a plus.
Interested applicants may submit their updated CVs and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line.