Position title: Head of Marketing & Digital
Reports to: Chief Marketing & Communications Director, WWF-Singapore
Internal – CEO & Senior Management Team (SMT). Key stakeholders such as ICT, Fundraising, Conservation, Education, Market Transformation, Policy & Advocacy, Sustainable Finance, HR, etc.
External – Marketing agencies, Corporate/Social Media/Media Partners, KOLs
I. Mission of the Role:
To project WWF-Singapore at the forefront of sustainability and conservation in Singapore and the region, by spearheading strategic marketing for the organization. To ensure that WWF is positioned as a locally relevant, global brand.
The Head of Marketing is responsible for the use of integrated channels using new and innovative marketing methods to attract supporters and increase their loyalty. S/he would develop a fully integrated marketing strategy for WWF-Singapore.
Holding accountability for the whole marketing funnel, from driving awareness of key conservation programs, sustainable finance initiatives, etc, to conversion as supporters/donors, s/he is responsible for developing the WWF-SG brand through a deep understanding of the specific target audience profiles.
II. Major Functions:
As the Head of Marketing & Digital, s/he will be accountable for the customer experience of our supporters, members and public. Brings a holistic perspective to ensure all aspects of the customer journey are optimized.
S/he will develop strategies to grow website traffic, social media followers, develop and execute digital marketing campaigns, monitor and interpret data. And, optimize our digital infrastructure and ecosystem including owned, paid, and earned media.
As a customer-centric leader with sound business acumen, s/he uses analytics to identify suitable channels for targeted audiences, and review marketing activities based on the return on investment (ROI). Develops an engaged & loyal community around WWF’s priority themes: Deforestation, Plastic pollution, Climate, Oceans, Freshwater, Wildlife and Sustainability.
This role must also help drive an innovative & creative B2B marketing approach, and deliver stellar results to gain respect of internal and external stakeholders. Marketing team must emerge as a unique value-add for the B2B partnership proposals of various business units within WWF-SG. S/he builds strong & trust-based relationships with internal partners and is able to work within given budgets.
He/she also needs to build a strong B2C community around the B2B conservation or sustainable finance project.
Helms Editorial Team meetings which oversees implementation of strategic projects.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the marketing & digital team that is responsible for brand strategy, thought leadership, event marketing, website and social media, marketing partnerships for WWF-SG’s brand, content, and digital assets, as well as B2B marketing to support corporate teams.
- This role requires superior communication and management skills, product management, attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and to juggle multiple critical requests.
- Propose budgets based on marketing priorities and analysis of return on investment (ROI). Use techniques such as A/B testing to guide the marketing strategy.
- Evolve the agency ecosystem for our marketing communications, including a social media agency, web management company, and a creative and design/content agency. Assign budgets to integrated channels and platforms with high returns.
- Determine guidelines with business teams to promote WWF’s brand image.
- Developing and implementing digital advertising campaigns to increase brand awareness, website traffic, and B2B and B2C qualified leads.
- Managing people, projects, timelines, and budgets with very high accountability.
- Reviewing all digital content such as blogs, social media content, advertisements, and website copy, with a keen eye for detail.
- Identify and implement key marketech tools. Ensure the efficiency and optimization of the digital ecosystem through SEO, SEM, and other relevant strategies.
- Supervising and managing all digital activities including websites, e-commerce, and social media. Monitoring and interpreting digital analytics. Generating and presenting digital marketing reports and analyses.
- Keeping abreast of the latest consumer and marketing trends and advancements in technology and developing capabilities among WWF local & regional colleagues.
- Develop a marketing framework/ playbook on how to do data-driven marketing and investment guidelines on paid, owned and earned media for each major project.
- Develop partnerships with regional counterparts of leading tech ecosystems – e.g FB, Google, Tiktok, etc. – establishing Joint Business Plans with them.
- Build integrated dashboard/ framework that measures KPIs in sufficiency, efficiency and effectiveness of:
- Paid – e.g. Search, Ecom, Social network platforms, etc.
- Owned – e.g. Websites
- Earned – e.g. social buzz (leveraging KOL tracking and social listening tools)
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, digital media, or similar.
- 8+ years of experience in advertising, digital media, gained at a client or agency.
- Proficiency in digital marketing and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, etc.
Required Skills and Competencies
● Must consistently practice ethical behaviour in all dealings consistent with WWF’s values, which are: Courage, Integrity, Respect, Collaboration. Partnership oriented with ability to lead through influence versus direct mandate.
- Familiarity with all major social media networks including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and YouTube.
- Excellent understanding of digital practices such as SEO, SEM, SMO, etc.
- Adaptable, versatile, with an ability to keep up to date with consumer and marketing trends and advancements in technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent financial and analytic abilities.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
● Flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, purpose-led environment.
● Proven ability to forge partnerships both internally and externally. Ability to patiently coach, guide and train team members.
● Has a pleasant personality and maturity, enthusiasm and ability to work with different individuals from all walks of life. Ability to work independently and be a team leader, with resourcefulness and creativity, to maintain a high level and quality of output
● Experience in strategy, decision making, problem solving and project management
● Ability to synthesize large amounts of information from various stakeholders and make recommendations to decision-makers in a structured and consistent way
● Meticulous eye for detail and processes. Ability to multi-task and rigorous follow-up
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
Interested applicants may submit their updated CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line