Position Title: Assistant Market Transformation Manager
Reports to: Head of Market Transformation
Date: October 2020
Mission of WWF Singapore:
One of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations. We protect critical resources for people in Singapore by driving change across government, business, civil society and local communities.
As one of WWF’s global hubs, WWF-Singapore supports global conservation goals, we address issues such as deforestation, haze pollution, seafood sustainability and illegal wildlife trade in a network that spans over 100 countries.
The Assistant Market Transformation Manager manages the dynamic and on-going development and implementation of market strategies in Singapore in accordance with the WWF Global Practices and currently in-place initiatives.
Maintain stewardship of meaningful transformational partnerships with the private sector in regards to climate, palm oil, seafood, a circular economy on plastics, and other sustainability initiatives.
1. Lead the execution of strategies for market transformation with corporate partners and WWF-led alliances such as Science-Based Target initiative (SBTi), Plastic ACTion (PACT) and the Responsible Seafood Tool.
2. Co-create a business climate strategy for WWF Singapore and build an engagement programme on corporate decarbonisation for Singapore based companies based on existing, international WWF-led alliances and local needs and circumstances.
3. Oversee and take ownership of corporate collaboration relationships by providing guidance and delivering towards goals in corporate sustainability for partners from various sectors.
4. Pro-actively coordinate partnerships within the WWF network, as well as joint initiatives with other NGOs and international organisations.
5. Represent WWF-Singapore internally in the WWF network and externally in private sector events/processes and key WWF network bodies.
Required skills and competencies
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs and emergence of other special projects.
Interested applicants may submit their updated CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line.