Position title: ICT Manager
Reports to: COO, WWF Singapore
Supervises: IT support administrator (external or internal)
Date: 18 October 2019
I. About World Wide Fund for Nature, Singapore (WWF)
WWF-Singapore is a Singapore-registered charity, part of WWF International – one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations. We protect critical resources for people in Singapore by driving change across government, business, civil society and local communities. To meet key Singapore and around the region. As one of WWF’s global hubs, WWF-Singapore supports a global conservation goals, we address issues such as deforestation, haze pollution, seafood sustainability and illegal wildlife trade in network that spans over 100 countries.
II. Major Functions:
The ICT Manager will be responsible for developing IT maintenance and growth plans, creating annual budgets, managing the IT staff / vendor and keeping the COO up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the organisation to succeed.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible in the planning, setting up, installation and maintenance of IT systems and business applications in the whole Singapore office according to WWF’s technical specifications and IT policy.
- Responsible for creating and administering disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis
- Develop and implement ways to enhance and strengthen the IT infrastructure design and processes.
- Monitor server and database health
- Plan and develop IT policies and procedures for the office.
- Accountable for ICT security and data protection
- Working with HOD and possibly providing strategic inputs to SMT
- Responsible for translating business requirements into IT solutions and materializing business and operational benefits
- Manage the IT vendors for IT support, take control of procurement and purchase of any computer equipment and build the assets list accordingly
- IT induction of new staff
- Work closely with head of departments to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network or business applications
- Monitor changing network technology and deliver a technology update when the need arises
- Supervise IT officer/outsource vendor to ensure day to day IT requirements of the office are met.
- Other tasks as required by the CO
- University or Technical school degree in computer science or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a complex IT environment, with responsibility for installation, maintenance and support of office infrastructure.
- Experience with Google Apps and Internet technology is needed.
- Good knowledge of backup and recovery processes and methodologies is essential.
- Proven understanding of cybersecurity issues and trends
- Good all round PC skills and good knowledge of MS-Office is important.
- Experience of Mac an advantage
- Strong knowledge of Networking Concepts & Protocols
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting hardware and software problems.
- Problem solving and customer service skills are essential.
- Competency in documentation for technical support, as well as end-user reference.
- Proficient in recent versions of Windows & Microsoft Office.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership and interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Proven record of self-motivation, results delivery, working independently as well as adept at project and budget management.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Dynamic, creative and outgoing personality with a commitment to nature conservation.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, Persevering & Delivering Results.
V. Working Relationships:
Internal - All departments in the organization and within the WWF network
External - With outsourced IT vendors and partners
This job description covers the main tasks. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
How to apply?
Send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org one file subject line: ICT Manager. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications: 18 Oct 2019
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.