Position title: Marketing Data Analyst
Reports to: Retention Manager
Date: January 2020
- Introduction of the role
WWF-Singapore is looking for an experienced Marketing Data Analyst to support the process of making data driven decisions to improve the effectiveness of our fundraising strategies!
Are you someone who enjoys turning data into information, information into in-depth insights and insights into strategic decisions?
If the answer is yes, join us as Marketing Data Analyst, where you will be responsible for extracting, segmenting and analysing data for use in our fundraising, financial and communication activities. You will work closely with different units and departments, such as Fundraising, Finance, Operations and Communications, to mine databases in order to provide support to WWF communication activities, fundraising campaigns, recognition events & stewardship.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data analysis and interpretation to support stewardship and journeys:
- Oversee and seek the most effective methods of gathering, managing and analysing data to fully support income generation
- Generate data selections including queries, data segmentation, marketing analysis and how these insights will support the organisation, thus maximising the benefits derived from supporter’s stewardship
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Regularly monitor acquisition and retention of supporters and report on issues/opportunities, ROI and life-time value analysis
- Help prepare business cases for investment in new fundraising programs based on analysis
- Reporting and creating of dashboards:
- Create monthly, weekly and ad hoc reports via Tableau and CRM software that serve to the different unit heads and teams across key fundraising metrics
- Set up new reports for key growth programs including acquisition and retention programs
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations and reports via Tableau and integrate various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Develop detailed post campaign reports for all fundraising programs
- Write queries to extract from a variety of data sources and develops complex logic to support variable text flags, segmentation & arrays
- Gather business requirements from different departments for new business intelligence reporting requests or member data management application enhancements
- Undertake strategic research to enable deep market understanding, understand our industry, and drive effective decision-making across the fundraising team
- College degree and/or certification in Information Technology, Marketing, Business Administration, Data Analytics and/or an equivalent combination of industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with data analysis, market analysis, database structures and/or report writing skills required
- Experience working in or knowledge of the charity sector
- Knowledge and experience in Tableau and Salesforce is preferred
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, formulas) and interest in data analytics
- Ability to collect and assess information rapidly, identifying key points and drawing conclusions
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills and a great multi-tasker
- Flexible, resourceful and able to perform despite tight schedules
- A strong interest in conservation
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
- About WWF-Singapore:
WWF-Singapore is a Singapore-registered charity, part of WWF International: One of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations. We protect critical resources for people in Singapore by driving change across government, business, civil society and local communities.
As one of WWF’s global hubs, WWF-Singapore supports global conservation goals, we address issues such as deforestation, haze pollution, seafood sustainability and illegal wildlife trade in network that spans over 100 countries.
- Working Relationships
Internal – Working closely with Fundraising, Communications, Conservation, Sustainable Finance, Corporate Partnerships and Philanthropy teams to deliver against cross organisational objectives and the Fundraising Strategy
External – Coordinating with external vendors relating to platforms and systems and database solutions experts
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Interested applicants may email a cover letter and update CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject as ‘Marketing Data Analyst”. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.