Position title :Materials Expert
Reports to : SEA Senior Manager Transformation
Location : WWF-Singapore or same office as reporting manager
Date : 30 October 2019
The Materials Expert will be responsible for the provision of expertise on the technical aspects of the plastics work, ranging from an assessment of viable alternatives to plastic to establishing positions on key policy considerations relating to plastics.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Development and delivery of a regionally accessible resources on the viable alternatives to plastics, including complete end of life cycle assessments and economic viability.
- Providing solutions to business, policy and research issues related to circular economy, sustainable consumption and waste management.
- Guiding, supervising or executing research assignments related to the topic to ensure science and evidence based policy recommendations and decision making.
- Working with key WWF stakeholders to identify and establish positions on key policy considerations such as incineration, bioplastics etc.
- Go to person for questions on alternative materials, circular economy and waste management / recycling for the SEA region.
- Organising and running technical events with key corporate partners on solutions and alternatives to plastics
- Representative for WWF in technical/academic events and other public speaking occasions
- Working with global and national office teams on WWF position development for related subject matters.
- An advanced university degree in a material science, industrial/chemical engineering or environmental science. >3 years of experience in working in supply chain management, packaging and/or synthetic polymer raw material sourcing could be accepted in place of an advanced degree.
- 2 year experience with supply chain management, packaging procurement and research on material science/engineering.
Required skills and competencies
- Extremely strong inter-personal skills
- An ability to think strategically on your feet
- Results-focused and dynamic personality who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Passionate about conservation
- In-depth understanding of sustainable commodity supply chains, circular economy and plastic value chains
- Internal-The successful candidate will work inthe Strategic Communication and External RelationsTeam ofWWFS,very closely with the Senior Manager of Regional Market Transformation, with WWF Singapore staff, and with a wider range of programsandinitiativesin theWWF Asia Pacificregion and even the global network.
- External -Workswith national authorities, academicinstitutions, NGOs,international
- organizations, businessesand other stakeholdersin Singapore.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary accordingly to organizational needs.
Interested applicants may submit their updated CVs and cover letter, subject as “Materials Expert” to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWF is an equalopportunity employerandcommittedtohaving adiverseworkforce.