Position title: E-learning Content Development Manager
Reports to: Project Manager, ASFI Academy, Asia Sustainable Finance
I. Mission of the Asia Sustainable Finance Team
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the world’s largest and most experienced
conservation organizations with a global network of 6000 experts across 100 countries working on issues critical to global sustainable development, including food systems sustainability, climate change and the energy transition, and the conservation of freshwater, forest and ocean resources. Our approach is deeply rooted in science and our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which people and nature thrive.
WWF has identified the finance sector as a key driver of global economic activity with which we must engage to successfully deliver on our long-term conservation mission. Positioned at the cutting-edge of sustainable finance internationally, our global sustainable finance team of 80 experts - including 30 in Asia - is dedicated to supporting the finance sector to transition to a sustainable and resilient economy via working with key finance sector players including banks, investors, regulators, and stock exchanges, across six focus areas: standards, regulations, capacity building, research & tools, green financial solutions and engagement.
II. Finance sector capacity building work in Asia: Past and future
In Asia, a major focus of the WWF Asia Sustainable Finance team has been to support the finance sector to build capacity on integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues into risk assessment and strategic decision-making. Between 2015 and 2020, the team trained approximately 5000 finance sector professionals across the region on best practices in sustainable finance, via over 120 in-person workshops or bilateral training sessions.
During 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we pivoted our approach to capacity building by developing a suite of e-learning courses, as well as a user-friendly learning management system (LMS) collectively known as the Asia Sustainable Finance Initiative (ASFI) Academy. The Academy was officially launched in September 2021 with a preliminary suite of short, self-paced courses, in collaboration with the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS), the Investment Management Association of Singapore (IMAS), the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF), Singapore Exchange (SGX), and the Life Insurance Association of Singapore (LIA).
The long term vision for ASFI Academy is that it becomes a go-to training resource for financial professionals in Singapore and the region, where they can access a comprehensive suite of accredited courses that reflect the latest developments in sustainable finance regulations, standards, methods and tools.
III. Key responsibilities
The E-learning Content Development Manager will support the Asia Sustainable Finance team and work closely with the ASFI Academy Project Manager, to build on the existing suite of ASFI Academy courses by 1) Finalizing the e-learning courses planned in the existing 2022 Course Curriculum, 2) Leading the development in new course content with the support of the Sustainable Finance team and 3) Supporting the development of a 2023 and 2024 Course curriculum. Key areas of work include:
Research and content development
- Background/alignment: E-learning Content Development Manager will first conduct internal research (reviewing the existing suite of ASFI Academy courses) to get a sense of the scope, objectives, tone, style, look, feel, and user experience of the ASFI Academy courses that have been developed to date. This will inform all of the Consultant’s work to ensure that new courses are developed to work with the existing course suite.
- Finalisation of 2022 courses: E-learning Content Development Manager will work together with the E-learning Project Manager and other members of the Asia Sustainable Finance team to finalise the outstanding course to be completed as part of the 2022 ASFI Academy Curriculum.
- Curriculum development: In close collaboration with the ASFI Manager, ASFI Academy Project Manager, and other members of the Asia Sustainable Finance team, and integrating feedback from other key project stakeholders, the E-learning Content Development Manager will support the development of draft 2023 ASFI Academy Curriculum and content development schedule. This includes developing high level outlines/learning objectives for each of the proposed courses.
- Content: E-learning Content Development Manager will then conduct relevant desk research to develop detailed course outlines (including key learning objectives and takeaways) for each of the course. They will work closely with the E-learning Project Manager to build out detailed content development/review timelines and ensure that all relevant stakeholders are involved in the content development/review process as appropriate.
- Research should include (but is not limited to) analysis of recent reports/publications by WWF, other ASFI Knowledge Partners, financial institutions leading on sustainable finance (public and private), national/international sustainability and sustainable finance initiatives (e.g. UNFCCC, IPCC, IPBES, PRI, PRB, NGFS, NZAOA, GFANZ, etc.), financial regulators (esp. regional e.g. MAS), financial industry associations (e.g. ABS, IMAS, others), sustainability standards setting organisations, etc.
- Based on this research, they will draft course content, including all written content, relevant graphics/images/videos from key reports/publications, the development of custom graphics/images as needed.
- In collaboration with the ASFI Academy project manager, they will execute the (iterative) editorial process, collating all feedback received from key project partners into the final content for each course.
- Storyboarding: Once the content for each course has been finalised, the Content Development Manager will lead on the storyboarding process, determining the most appropriate, engaging, and effective way to communicate the content in line with the tone, style, look and feel of existing ASFI Academy courses.
- Implementation of E-learning Articulate Rise software: The manager will then input all content (including text, graphics, videos, links, etc.) into Articulate Rise and will manage the course content dashboard.
- Course file management:
- The manager will oversee the file export process to ensure that generated course files meet the technical requirements of the ASFI Academy LMS and other distribution partners LMS (e.g. SCORM1.2, SCORM2004, TIn Can file types).
- They will also oversee the storage and organisation of course files to account for version control issues, management of customised/localised courses, and to facilitate the annual course review/update process.
- Supporting resources: As appropriate/needed, the manager will lead the development of supporting resources (e.g. course summaries, course resources/references documents, quizzes, course evaluations, etc.)
IV: Required Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years professional experience, including substantial research, writing and editorial work, ideally with a background in professional development course design.
- Degree holder in relevant field, including economics, finance, public policy, or environmental sciences. WSQ Diploma in Adult & Continuing Education (DACE) qualification or equivalent would be a bonus
- Deep knowledge of and interest in sustainable finance and awareness of recent/ongoing developments in the field
- Familiarity with Asian financial sector in particular, and roles of key finance sector stakeholders
- Familiarity with e-learning course development software, ideally with Articulate Rise 360 (experience with Storyline 360 is a plus)
- Fluent in spoken and written English, with any Asian languages an advantage
V. Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong interest in environmental conservation, sustainable development, and the mission of WWF
- Excellent communication skills, with exceptionally strong writing skills
- Proven ability to manage large-scale multi-stakeholder projects, in particular with demonstrated skills in consolidating feedback from a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals across cultures and time zones
- Self-starter, pro-active in thinking about opportunities to further improve the project
- Experience with learning course design is a plus
- Graphic design skills are a plus
How to apply
Interested candidates should email a CV and a cover letter to HR Department (Email: email@example.com). Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.