Dubai: WWF and EWS-WWF have announced the stellar speaker line-up for the TEDxWWF event, which will be held in the capital Abu Dhabi next Tuesday.
The event, which aims to enable insightful and relevant ideas to encourage other individuals to support or even seek more sustainable solutions in their daily lives, is free to attend but there is limited seating remaining. The UAE community is encouraged to visit the event website www.tedxwwf.com to register for a ticket ahead of the event on May 21.
The diverse and interesting final line-up of speakers will cover a number of issues related to sustainability, art, sport, renewables, innovation and music:
● Andreas Keller – the co-founder of the iShack project, using solar power to improve slums
● Andy Ridley – Co-founder of Earth Hour, the biggest global environmental grassroots movement
● Bruce Ferguson – Director of the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and a professor at Masdar Institute
● Elham Al-Qasimi – the first Arab and Emirati woman to complete an unassisted expedition to the North Pole
● Ginger Dosier Krieg – inventor of the bio brick revolutionizing the building materials industry
● Julie-Ann Odell – Founder of Dubai Drums – using music to connect to life’s rhythm
● Luc Marin – Dubai based French sand artist
● Lucy Orta – British contemporary visual artist who tackles ecological and social factors through her artwork
● Majid Al-Qassimi – one of the most prominent and vocal Emirati environmentalists and strongest advocate of using culture and education in environmental conservation
● Sara El Sayed – certified Biomimicry Professional and biologist who uses biomimicry to create opportunities for positive change in Egypt
● William Gaillard – Senior Advisor to the President of UEFA on using sports as an arena for social change
For more information on the inspiring speakers please visit: tedxwwf.com
Sudhanshu Sarronwala, Executive Director, Communications and Marketing of WWF International, said: “The TEDxWWF platform brings together thought leaders and entrepreneurs from a range of disciplines who challenge us to think about sustainability in different ways – for the planet and for its people.”
TEDxWWF will take place at the Sofitel, Abu Dhabi on Tuesday May 21, 2013 from 9am – 5.30pm. A limited number of tickets are available to the public and interested parties need to fill out an online application following which a registration form will be issued: www.tedxwwf.com
Ida Tillisch, Director General of EWS-WWF, said: “All our TEDxWWF speakers are impressive individuals bringing to the table very interesting and innovative ideas. We welcome the community to join us in Abu Dhabi or by watching the event live at www.tedxwwf.com. EWS-WWF is very excited to be hosting what we anticipate to be a truly inspirational event.”
To live stream TEDxWWF on May 21, log-on to www.tedxwwf.com
TEDxWWF in Abu Dhabi is organized with the generous support of Etihad, ADMAF, Sofitel, IRENA, Farnek and Abu Dhabi Events.